ABOUT CHEF ERIC
Born in Detroit, MI and raised in a small town in Ohio, Chef Eric Berggren has been honing his passion for the culinary arts/service industry for over 28 years. Raised by his single mother attending nursing school, Eric found himself creating lunches and dinners at times with his older brother. This creativity really drew Eric into his career path at a young age.
At 13 years old, Eric was offered a position as a dishwasher at a local restaurant in Wapakoneta, OH. As he worked up the ranks, not only did his kitchen skills grow, so did his passion for food. Soon after, he went on to work with the Cracker Barrel Corporation for over 4 years assisting regional locations and opening teams of new restaurants. In 1999 Eric decided he wanted a different life and drove out to live with his older brother Dan in the Colorado Ski Resort Towns!
While snowboarding and living the mountain life, Eric worked multiple jobs and finally found himself as an Executive Chef at the Quandary Grill in Breckinridge, CO. With more than 15 years of hands on experience, Eric felt that something was missing so he decided it was time to sharpen his skills even further and headed out to the California School of Culinary Arts Le Cordon Bleu in Pasadena, CA.
After graduating in 2007 with a high honors degree, Eric fulfilled his paid externship with Chef Jean-Francois Meteigner of La Cachette restaurant in Century City, CA. After 2 years working with Chef Francois, Eric went on to work at some of the following properties over the years.
- Farimont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows; Jr. Sous Chef
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Boston, MA; Sensing Restaurant by Guy Martin - Opening Sous Chef
- Blue Plate Santa Monica, CA; Executive Chef
- Stevie's Private Jet Catering; Executive Regional Chef
- Metropolitan Restaurant Beaver Creek, CO; Executive Chef
- Montana's Smokehouse Avon CO; New Concept Designer / Executive Chef
- Manor Vail Lodge (Destination Hotel Resort) Vail CO; Chef de Cuisine
- L'Auberge Hotel Del Mar, CA; Contract Banquet Chef
- Haute Chef's Los Angeles, CA; Private Executive Chef / Event Chef
- Creative Artist Agency (Infusion Catering) Century City, CA; Executive Chef
After Eric took the leap into working on his own dreams he envisioned a combination of many years of culinary knowledge and discipline as the best recipe for his own personal success.
Boom...Chef E'zz was born!